Friday, September 30, 2011

DiY - ice ice baby bag

it's been a while since I posted a DiY!

WARNING: I regretted doing this DiY, except for the fact that I am a total slave to tedious projects
1. if I knew how long it would take, I may not have started.. it was too late when I realized this~~
2. you may, and probably will get burned


the finished product: charming sparkly treasure in time for the holidays.


to begin:
start with an accessory that has become "blah" in your closet.


you will need:
a heat setter for crystals with multiple size setters
(approximately $15 at your local bead store) 

3 or more sizes of iron on crystals
(these are NOT cheap. you can go fancy and get swarovski if it's worth that extra sparkle)

how:
heat the stone in place until the glue melts on the back of the stone.
may take 7~30 seconds depending on the size of the stone.
you will know when it's ready when you start to see glue at the edges.
or if it really doesn't nudge, but it's hot! careful~

start with the smaller stones along the edge of the desired area.

remember to change the tip for the next step

scatter the larger sized crystals
(you can tell here, this is a tiny bag - just fits my phone and a small digi cam)

fill in with medium stones, than small/tiny, filling in the gaps.

as you are nearing completion,
everyone will be asking you to get a life by now.



the inspiration: this bag I saw in the chanel window on madison ave.
I look at this to justify my DiY and tell myself I'm saving "thousands"... (but am I really???)


if I ever lose my mind to attempt another "bedazzling" project again,
hands down it would be "the ultimate" louboutin... drool~~~~
or...







Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
But she ain't messin' wit no broke, broke

(don't mind the lyrics, my fiance and I are dancing at home to this instead of hitting the clubs)

7 comments:

  1. love the bag!!! Can I ask where did you get the crystals and in what colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. for mine: clear, black diamond were the main colors - from trim art on 252w 38th st.
    joyce, also on 38th near 6th (btwn 7th ave) has a package of multicolors

    for the chanel: I'd use clear, black diamond, pewter, black.

    I'd look online if you have the time. trim art is the more affordable store, but I have a feeling you can find them for a more reasonable price online~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! I have a pair of shoes I want to DYI making them into glitter MIU MIU cousins, but I like the idea of also making a DIY bag! Time to get inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like yours better than the Chanel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHaha "to get a life now"
    wow, you did a hands down beautiful job. propsssssz! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks!! you are very talented :) i adore all your diy's

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is AMAZING!!! definitely bookmarking this as a future project! Thx for the idea, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete