Monday, August 9, 2010

DiY - turban twist


the "twist" being..
I was actually making a skirt when.....
(nothing like the burberry prorsum one above.. yum)



I realized I cant hand-sew friggin... a million sequins onto the fabric!

so I cut that part off of the dress (it's over fabric paint)
and noticed, I was left with a piece of fabric - perfect for a turban!

roll up your rectangular piece,
wrap around your head and tie anyway you can,
and tuck the ends either behind your bun,
or under the headband piece


I feel so silly when I have to show the finished DiY product
but there it is. photobooth beeches



I remembered I got the Prada turban for $10 a year after their show
woodbury outlet. perfect knot - never wore it yet...

stunning.
studs and turbans may be old news, but still hot

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Wouldn't you be willing to sell your Prada turban by chance ? ? ;)

    I'm desperately lookong for one, and I don't know where to get it !
    I could offer a lot more than $10 !

    Please let me know,

    Thanks,

    Dany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dany - thank you for your offer but I kindly decline... good luck! I'm on the hunt for another iconic piece, the half tint chanel sunglasses - an affordable one.. if it makes you feel better, the turban needs a safety pin. I mayyyy be interested in a trade though. (?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thanks for your answer !
    Unfortunately, I don't have the Chanel sunglasses you're talking about... but if I happen to get ones, I'll let you know !
    And if you're interested in another trade, do let me know (I have some other iconic pieces...) !

    Best wishes,

    Dany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the turban is definitely not equal to the glasses, but if you think you have a fair trade, id be happy to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog, you are so lucky you found that headband! and for that price!

    desperately trying to replicate my own

    ReplyDelete