Sunday, March 4, 2012

the story I should have told


last night I was asked "what is one of your favorite stories about your parents?"

when I was 2 years old, my family stayed at my grandmother's summer house in korea.
I was in a room with my pregnant mom, aunt and grandmother.
my dad was sleeping in the other room.

I was looking out the window at the view, when...
 the protective screen window popped out!
and I with it.

I fell out of the house, sliding on the screen, very fortunately landing
on a single apple tree that happened to be planted directly under the window.

my grandmother sees my fall out of the window and faints,
as my mom screams, awakening my dad.
he looks out the window, and without hesitation jumps down after his baby.
(landing with some bumps and bruises I'm sure)

the apple tree may have saved my life, but my dad is my hero <3

No comments:

Post a Comment